Information We May Collect
We collect personal information provided directly by you as well as personal information and other information about your use of the SHL Services.
- Registering. Should you wish to contact SHL and register to receive information or apply for employment then we collect information voluntarily provided by you that includes your name, e-mail address, language preference, and the purpose (“Account Information”). We may also collect your IP address, MAC address, geographic location, log files, browser, information about your device, and other information (“Data Log”).
- Just visiting. If you visit our website or make use of our SHL Services, then a Data Log and related information will be collected on your visit or use.
- Sensitive personal information. We do not ask users to submit information that could be sensitive personal information under applicable law. If you choose to submit sensitive personal information through your use of the SHL Services, you acknowledge that the submission is voluntary, as would be any subsequent processing and use as a result of the collection.
- Legal. We collect personal information as and if required or permitted by law.
- Consent. We may collect additional personal information where we have obtained your consent. In all such cases, an option for you to provide your consent will be given.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on the browser of your computer or other device. Cookies make it easier for us to provide the SHL Services by allowing us to identify your device. Cookies may also allow us to better understand how you use SHL Services and allow us to better tailor our services to your interests and needs. Some cookies may contain personal information or could become personal information when other information is incorporated.
- Types. We use two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting a website. Session cookies will be deleted once you leave a website. Persistent cookie files remain valid in your browser’s subfolder unless manually deleted by you or until the cookie’s expiry date. There is an expiry date being written into the code of all persistent cookies. The duration can vary but should not last longer than twelve months per the ePrivacy Directive. In practice, the persistent cookies could remain on your hard drive much longer if no action is taken.
- Third-Party Cookies. These cookies are placed on your device, not by the website you are visiting, but by a third party like an advertiser or an analytic system. We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about use of our website such as number of new visitors to our website, how long visitors spend browsing our website and which pages they viewed by means of cookies which are stored on your device. For more details regarding Google Analytics, kindly refer to: google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These types of cookies enable you to use our website and its features. Disabling these cookies can affect how our website performs and may prevent you from making use of all of its services and features.
- Functionality Cookies. Functionality cookies are also known as “preferences cookies”. These cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made (such as your user name, text size, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located, or may be automatically logged in by storing in a cookie the user name and password that you have provided. We use these cookies for you to download documents from our website easily.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies. Analytical and performance cookies are also known as “Statistics cookies”. These cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited. We place Google Analysis on our website.
- Security Cookies. These cookies support additional security features on the website.
Your options. If you do not want to receive cookies then you are free to adjust the settings in your browser. We cannot guarantee though that the website and all of its services will operate properly or that you will be provided with the optimal SHL experience.
Processing and Use of your Personal Information
We process and use your personal information to offer the SHL Services as well as for the express purposes set out below.
- Services. We process and use your personal information to provide you with the SHL Services as well as to allow us to improve the provision of those services to you.
- Customization. We process and use your personal information to allow for your SHL experience to be optimal by, at times, customizing information, content, and communications being requested by and provided to you.
- Communications. We process and use your personal information to allow you to communicate with SHL Healthcare. You understand that your online communications with SHL Healthcare will be stored as part of providing the SHL Services to you. We will also process and use your personal information to communicate with you. SHL Healthcare’s communications will include communications related to your requests as well as promotional and marketing communications. You may opt out of promotional or marketing communications at any time.
- Administrative and service providers. We process and use your personal information for administrative purposes related to maintaining, operating, and improving the SHL Services. This includes processing and use by service providers hired by SHL Healthcare to provide SHL Services.
- Marketing and promotion. We may process and use your personal information to identify and share marketing and promotional information on products and services from SHL. You may opt out of promotional or marketing communications at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research and analysis. We process and use your personal information to carry out research and analysis to improve SHL Services. This research and analysis may be information of individual or aggregate in nature.
- Business purposes. We may process and use information collected by SHL Healthcare as part of providing the SHL Services that is no longer personal information – for example, information that has been anonymized and aggregated or is not considered personal information under applicable law – for our own commercial purposes.
- Change of control or sale. We may process and use your personal information to facilitate a change of control or sale of SHL Healthcare or to facilitate a restructuring or other corporate rearrangement.
- Legal. We may process and use your personal information as required or permitted by law.
- Consent. We may process and use your personal information outside of the original purpose for which it was collected where we have obtained your fresh consent.
Access to your Personal Information
Us. Your personal information will be under the control of SHL Healthcare. It may be available to any companies, entities, or individuals that provide services to SHL Healthcare that facilitate the operation of the SHL Services; for example, IT systems. You also understand that the collection, processing, and use of your personal information by using SHL Services may result in the cross-border transfer of that personal information. Your personal information may be shared or transferred as part of a change of control or sale of SHL Healthcare or to facilitate a restructuring or other corporate rearrangement.
Law. You understand that SHL Healthcare may be required to disclose your personal information when compelled by law, subpoena, court order, or other legal process. SHL Healthcare may also at its discretion process, use, and disclose your personal information where the protection of the public interest is involved.
- Your information. You have the right to access, review, correct, or delete your personal information that SHL Healthcare has received, collected, processed, and/or used. You may have other statutory rights depending upon your jurisdiction with respect to the personal information that SHL Healthcare has collected in providing services to you. You are free at any time to contact us to exercise these rights.
Security of your Personal Information
We have adopted and follow generally accepted industry security safeguards and practices which are intended to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the security and integrity of your personal information.
We do not intend for SHL Services to be used by those under the age of eighteen nor do we seek to collect information from those under that age. If we become aware that we have unintentionally collected any children’s personal information without parental consent, we will delete it from our systems.
Changes to this Notice